中文故事
上次去的動物醫院,有提供寵物美容(pet grooming),但鄰居家的狗狗拒絕和我出門,大概是怕我帶牠去打預防針吧。所以這次,我和另一位鄰居借了他們家的貓。
動物醫院的附近有寵物店(pet store)和寵物用品店(pet supplied store),因為鄰居託我購買鋪在貓沙盤(cat litter tray)上的貓砂(cat litter)和寵物木屑(wood shavings),所以等待貓貓美容的時間,我決定去逛逛寵物用品店。
其實我沒有養過貓狗,只養過魚。我們家以前的水族箱(aquarium)很大,每次更換水族箱過濾器(aquarium filter)都很麻煩,因為要先把水用幫浦抽出來,我有次不小心讓魚飼料(fish feed)整罐掉進去,清了好久。
看著自動飲水器(water feeder),我不禁在想:現在養貓狗很方便呢,至少不用擔心水打翻的問題。不過寵物飼料和罐頭(dry and canned pet food)的體積好大,挺占地方的。
是時候去接貓貓了。我順手拿起櫃檯旁邊的潔牙棒(dental chew)一起結帳,我打算把這個當謝禮給可憐的狗狗。確認過貓貓的項圈(pet collar)後,我把它放進外出籠(pet carrier)裡。踏出醫院的門,我默默地想著:今天沒看到醫生。
中文故事+英文翻譯解說
上次去的動物醫院,有提供寵物美容,
Pet grooming was offered at the veterinary hospital I visited last time.
但鄰居家的狗狗拒絕和我出門,
But the neighbor's dog refused to go out with me,
大概是怕我帶牠去打預防針吧。
probably because he was afraid I would take him for vaccinations.
所以這次,我和另一位鄰居借了他們家的貓。
So this time I borrowed another neighbor's cat.
- This sentence pattern is
我和 + person + 借+ noun.
I borrowed something from someone.
For example: 我和哥哥借書。I borrowed the book from my brother.
動物醫院的附近有寵物店和寵物用品店,
There are pet stores and pet supply stores near the veterinary hospital.
- In addition to selling pets, pet stores may also provide services such as pet grooming and fostering. Pet supply stores mainly sell pet food and supplies, and do not sell or care for pets.
因為鄰居託我購買鋪在貓沙盤的貓砂和寵物木屑,
Because my neighbor asked me to buy cat litter and pet wood shavings for the cat litter tray.
- The word 購買 means buy, and you can divide it into two words, 購 and 買, both of which mean buy.
- A flat container, usually with shallow raised edges, we call it 盤, if its raised edges are deep, we call it 盆.
所以等待貓貓美容的時間,我決定去逛逛寵物用品店。
So I decided to visit a pet supply store while waiting for the cat to be groomed.
- The word 逛 means to walk slowly and without much purpose. we can use it such as:
我下午想出去逛逛。 I want to go for a walk this afternoon.
週末我們去逛街,只是想看看有沒有什麼有趣的東西。
We went shopping on the weekend, just to browse and see if there was anything interesting.
其實我沒有養過貓狗,只養過魚。
Actually, I have never raised cats or dogs, only fish.
- Sometimes we leave out conjunctions.
我們家以前的水族箱很大,
We had a large aquarium in our house.
每次更換水族箱過濾器都很麻煩,
It was very annoying to change the filter every time.
因為要先把水用幫浦抽出來,
Because water must be pumped first,
我有次不小心讓魚飼料整罐掉進去,清了好久。
I once accidentally dropped a whole can of fish feed into it, and it took a long time to clean it up.
看著自動飲水器,我不禁在想:
Looking at the automatic water feeder, I can't help but think:
現在養貓狗很方便呢,至少不用擔心水打翻的問題。
It is very convenient to have cats and dogs now. At least you don't have to worry about spilling water.
不過寵物飼料和罐頭的體積好大,挺占地方的。
However, dry and canned pet foods are very large and take up a lot of space.
是時候去接貓貓了。
It's time to pick up the cat.
我順手拿起櫃檯旁邊的潔牙棒一起結帳,
On a whim, I grabbed the dental chew by the counter and checked out.
- 順手 means to do things without thinking too much about it, similar to the phrase "on a whim".
我打算把這個當謝禮給可憐的狗狗。
I want to give this to the poor dog as a thank you gift.
確認過貓貓的項圈後,我把它放進外出籠裡。
After checking the cat's collar, I placed it in the pet carrier.
踏出醫院的門,我默默地想著:今天沒看到醫生。

留言
張貼留言